Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
Ever wondered what a Ducati-Lambo love child would look like?
The Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini is a collaboration between… You guessed it… Ducati and Lamborghini. Produced in a limited edition run of 630 naked, sporty looking “Power Cruiser” bikes for anyone with a penchant for Italian supercars but motorbike money.
The Ducati designers have taken inspiration from the mid-engined hybrid Lamborghini Siàn FKP 37 using the base of the Diavel 1260 S, with unique forged lightweight wheels much like the car, carbon fibre air intakes and radiator covers, as well as the same “Gea Green” paint scheme as the Siàn FKP 37. The frame, the undertray and the forged rims are embellished with gold colouring plus the usual Ducati red Brembo brake calipers.
Oh and if you wondered what a Sian is, it means “flash of lightening” in reference to the fact it’s the first Hybrid electric car produced by Lambo – it’s also their most powerful production supercar to date at 602kW and does 0-60mph (100kph) in 2.8 seconds – which is still slower than the Diavel 1260 at 2.5 seconds!
Anyway back to the bike; the silencer cover, spoiler, central tank cover, seat cover, front and rear mudguards, dashboard cover and headlight frame are also made of carbon. The heart of the Diavel is the 1262 cc (162bhp) Testastretta DVT engine with variable timing (Euro 5 compliant) and the exposed tubular steel trellis frame, it has a 240mm wide rear tyre, single-sided aluminium swingarm and fully adjustable Öhlins suspensions at the front and rear.
The electronic package includes Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC), Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC), Ducati Power Launch EVO (DPL) and Cruise Control.
The 63 is an important number for the Sant’Agata Bolognese company, which was founded in 1963 and you guessed it… the 630 limited run is 63 x 10 - clever stuff (I guess it wasn’t worth making just 63).
Most importantly for someone buying this bike, especially those who cannot afford a real Lamborghini sports car or supermodel wife, the logos of the two brands appear on the dashboard with the TFT screen, accompanied by the silhouette of the Diavel Lamborghini. You can also buy a snazzy helmet with matching design if you really want matching collar and cuffs.
Ultimately it’s pretty cool and you won’t see many on the roads, you probably won’t see any other collaborations between the two brands once VW Group sells one or both off as is being reported.
Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini Limited Edition Specs
- "Gea Green" with forged frame and rims in "Electrum Gold"
- Ducati Testastretta DVT 1262 engine
- Trellis tubular steel frame
- Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Brembo brakes with 320 mm diameter front discs and M50 monobloc calipers, 265 mm diameter rear disc
- Front headlight with DRL and LED lighting system
- Colour TFT instrumentation
- Electronic package with Bosch 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU), Bosch Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, Ducati Power Launch (DPL) EVO, Cruise Control
- Fully adjustable 48mm diameter Öhlins front fork
- Fully adjustable Öhlins shock absorber
- Forged light alloy rims with visible machining
- Ducati Quick Shift up & down (DQS) EVO
- Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
- Dedicated seat with insert
For a Ducati Bike Insurance Quote call BeMoto on 01733 907000* and speak to one of our Ducati Insurance specialists.
* Calls may be recorded for our joint protection.