• Save Money
  • Bike Transporters
  • Drivers 23+

What is Race Van Insurance?

Insurance for social use of a private van or truck, whether it's just a panel van with a camp bed, converted vans and trucks kitted out with a garage and some home comforts, or a high end camper with room to carry your vehicle/kit and live like a king. It can be converted by you, a previous owner or professional coachbuilders - up to 17.5 tonnes with a maximum value of £40,000 including the fixtures and fittings.

For social use vans and trucks intended to carry motorbikes, or other hobby vehicles, to and from race meetings, trackdays, shows and events, e.g.

  • Bike Transporters / Motorcycle Carriers
  • Hobby / Leisure Vans
  • Race Trucks / Race Transporters
  • Race Support Vehicles
  • Day Vans

This policy is NOT designed for commercial use or as a main vehicle; you need to have another vehicle for everyday use. The reason it's cheaper than normal van insurance policies is because we know that a race transporter spends more time parked on your driveway, or pitched-up with an awning at a track, than actually being driven on the road...

Is Race Van Insurance right for you?

There are some minimum requirements before you call us:

  • Up to £40,000 value (we are looking at increasing this, but for now it's £40k)
  • Maximum 17.5 tonnes GVW
  • Must still be classed as a van/truck and NOT be showing as a 'Motor Caravan' on the V5 (you need motorhome policies for that)
  • No more than 6 seats with seat belts (temporary seating is OK when it's parked up)
  • All drivers must be 23 or over

It MUST be able to carry a motorcycle, other types of race/leisure vehicles, or whatever sports equipment it is intended to carry as a “Hobby Van”, including:

  • Motorcycles, e.g. road bikes, dirt bikes, track and race bikes, sidecar outfits, drag bikes, speedway motorcycles, etc
  • Track and race cars, go karts, dune buggies, etc
  • Any other sports equipment (jet skis, quads, microlights, etc).

The most important thing is what it is used for, i.e. this is personal use van insurance for a private van or truck to transport you and your kit - so that you can enjoy your passion.

Private Van Insurance Quotes for Race Vans and Motorcycle Transporters

Standard Features of Our Race Van Insurance Cover

European cover extension for up to 90-days per year for those Euro trackdays and race meetings


24 hour UK based claims line if something happens to your race transporter

Free legal helpline if you need a bit of motoring legal advice

Legal Expenses Insurance included as standard for uninsured loss recovery

Call an Expert
  • What can I use Race Van Insurance for?

    We have primarily designed this policy for track or dirt bike riders and racers, with vans used mainly for carrying their bikes and sleeping at tracks. This is not a commercial van policy and is not designed to cover your work van for business use.

    Our Race Van Insurance is restricted to Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SDP) including the "Carriage of Own Goods" (in other words it's a private van policy that enables you to transport your own motorbike and other sports equipment. Occassional commuting can be permitted, but it should not be your main everyday vehicle, we expect you to have another form of transport to get to work and for general use.

    Call For a Quote
  • Does it cover my motorbike in the van?

    No, this policy covers your private van only, not your motorcycle and other sports equipment when being transported.

    However we have separate policies designed for Fire and Theft of your track, dirt or race bikes, either at home in a locked building or when "In Transit".

    Our Track Bike Theft Insurance and Dirt Bike Theft Insurance products can cover SORN and laid up motorbikes, as well as unregistered off-road bikes against fire, theft and malicious damage when stored securely.

    Fire & Theft Cover


  • Shona Fraser ()
    Shona Fraser
    “Bemoto have somehow managed to make purchasing insurance an easy process that doesn't want to make you pull your hair out! The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and make sorting insurance easy. The cover is always better priced than competitors and has more options suited to bikers. Chuffed with that. Would recommend to anyone.”
  • Mark (Trust Pilot) ()
    Mark (Trust Pilot)
    “Great service. I called Bemoto for a qoute on my race van,Aaron took my call and provided a knowledgeable and professional service.The quote was far better value, than any comparison website, and all of the independents I'd tried.It goes without saying that I accepted the quote and took out my insurance with BeMoto. I highly recommend them, and will deffo, give them another call when my bike insurance is due.”

    Why choose BeMoto for my Race Van Insurance?

    As a company owned and run by bikers, we are not only providers of insurance products, but we are bikers who have been where you are right now. When you compare Race Van Insurance with us, you can be sure that we have taken our experience as customers, and applied it to find you the best race transporter cover we possibly can.

    • NO Amendment Fees
    • Legal Expenses Insurance included as standard (for uninsured loss recovery)
    • Great introductory rates for those without a 'No Claims Bonus'
    • Internal camper converson fixtures and fittings covered (up to a total vehicle value of £40,000 including the fit out), e.g. permanent bike garages, beds, cupboards, kitchens etc*
    • Up to 90-days EU cover extension (per year)
    • Up to £1,500 audio equipment covered

    Optional Extras:

    • Licence Defence Cover (£25) to help defend you from motor prosecutions
    • £500 Excess Contribution Insurance (£25)

    Race Transporter with a ramp for loading a motorcycle

    * This is NOT a motorhome policy, it is intended for converted vans and trucks that can carry motorbikes or other leisure vehicles and equipment. If your V5 'log book' says 'Motor Caravan' then you need a different type of policy.

    Choose your level of race transporter cover

    Comprehensive Cover which includes accidental damage cover (this is the top level of cover). It includes all the benefits of TPO and TPFT cover, plus all those unexpected incidents that you can't blame on anyone else!

    Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover (TPFT) is the middle tier of cover. Great for providing fire and theft protection, but it does NOT cover any accidental damage caused by you (if you're hit by a third party you can claim from their insurance).

    Third Party Only (TPO) Cover is the minimum level of insurance you are required to have before you can park your van on the street or use it on public highways. It means you are legally allowed to drive it and provides some cover for damage or injury you might cause.

    SORN Insurance provides some fire and theft cover whilst your van is not taxed, but nothing else... It's only available if you park your van on private property whilst it is declared SORN, such as the driveway or in a locked building (if you park on the street you need to tax it).

    Call BeMoto



    Feefo logo

    Race Van Insurance FAQs

    1. Does my van qualify for race van insurance?

    2. What does race transporter insurance allow me to use it for?

    3. Does race van insurance cover camper conversion costs?

    4. Is my motorbike also covered with Race Van Insurance?