Race Van Insurance
- Private Vans
- Up to 17.5t
- Up to £40k
Save time and money with Race Transporter Insurance for social use vans and trucks
RACE VAN INSURANCE
RACE VAN INSURANCE RENEWAL
All Types of Race and Leisure Vans Covered
Whatever you call it, as long you and your van meet our underwriting criteria, our specialist insurance offers competitive rates for private use vans used for pleasure purposes and for transporting motorcycles, cars and go karts:
Race Support Vehicles
Is Race Van Insurance right for you?
There are some minimum requirements before you call us:
- Up to £40,000 value (we are looking at increasing this, but for now it's £40k)
- Maximum 17.5 tonnes GVW
- Must still be classed as a van/truck and NOT be showing as a 'Motor Caravan' on the V5 (you need motorhome policies for that)
- No more than 6 seats with seat belts (temporary seating is OK when it's parked up)
- All drivers must be 23 or over
It MUST be able to carry a motorcycle, other types of race/leisure vehicles, or whatever sports equipment it is intended to carry as a “Hobby Van”, including:
- Motorcycles, e.g. road bikes, dirt bikes, track and race bikes, sidecar outfits, drag bikes, speedway motorcycles, etc
- Track and race cars, go karts, dune buggies, etc
- Any other sports equipment (jet skis, quads, microlights, etc).
The most important thing is what it is used for, i.e. this is personal use van insurance for a private van or truck to transport you and your kit - so that you can enjoy your passion.
Private Van Insurance Quotes for Race Vans and Motorcycle Transporters
Standard Features of Our Race Van Insurance Cover
European cover extension for up to 90-days per year for those Euro trackdays and race meetings
24 hour UK based claims line if something happens to your race transporter
Free legal helpline if you need a bit of motoring legal advice
Legal Expenses Insurance included as standard for uninsured loss recovery
What can I use Race Van Insurance for?
We have primarily designed this policy for track or dirt bike riders and racers, with vans used mainly for carrying their bikes and sleeping at tracks. This is not a commercial van policy and is not designed to cover your work van for business use.
Our Race Van Insurance is restricted to Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SDP) including the "Carriage of Own Goods" (in other words it's a private van policy that enables you to transport your own motorbike and other sports equipment. Occassional commuting can be permitted, but it should not be your main everyday vehicle, we expect you to have another form of transport to get to work and for general use.Call For a Quote
Does it cover my motorbike in the van?
No, this policy covers your private van only, not your motorcycle and other sports equipment when being transported.
However we have separate policies designed for Fire and Theft of your track, dirt or race bikes, either at home in a locked building or when "In Transit".
Our Track Bike Theft Insurance and Dirt Bike Theft Insurance products can cover SORN and laid up motorbikes, as well as unregistered off-road bikes against fire, theft and malicious damage when stored securely.Fire & Theft Cover
Shona Fraser ()
Mark (Trust Pilot) ()
Why choose BeMoto for my Race Van Insurance?
As a company owned and run by bikers, we are not only providers of insurance products, but we are bikers who have been where you are right now. When you compare Race Van Insurance with us, you can be sure that we have taken our experience as customers, and applied it to find you the best race transporter cover we possibly can.
- NO Amendment Fees
- Legal Expenses Insurance included as standard (for uninsured loss recovery)
- Great introductory rates for those without a 'No Claims Bonus'
- Internal camper converson fixtures and fittings covered (up to a total vehicle value of £40,000 including the fit out), e.g. permanent bike garages, beds, cupboards, kitchens etc*
- Up to 90-days EU cover extension (per year)
- Up to £1,500 audio equipment covered
- Licence Defence Cover (£20) to help defend you from motor prosecutions
- £500 Excess Contribution Insurance (£25)
* This is NOT a motorhome policy, it is intended for converted vans and trucks that can carry motorbikes or other leisure vehicles and equipment. If your V5 'log book' says 'Motor Caravan' then you need a different type of policy.
Choose your level of race transporter cover
Comprehensive Cover which includes accidental damage cover (this is the top level of cover). It includes all the benefits of TPO and TPFT cover, plus all those unexpected incidents that you can't blame on anyone else!
Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover (TPFT) is the middle tier of cover. Great for providing fire and theft protection, but it does NOT cover any accidental damage caused by you (if you're hit by a third party you can claim from their insurance).
Third Party Only (TPO) Cover is the minimum level of insurance you are required to have before you can park your van on the street or use it on public highways. It means you are legally allowed to drive it and provides some cover for damage or injury you might cause.
SORN Insurance provides some fire and theft cover whilst your van is not taxed, but nothing else... It's only available if you park your van on private property whilst it is declared SORN, such as the driveway or in a locked building (if you park on the street you need to tax it).
Race Van Insurance FAQs
Does my van qualify for race van insurance?
There are a few things to consider. Firstly if your V5 says 'Motor Caravan' then the answer is no (try a motorhome insurer).
BeMoto race van insurance is intended for private vans or trucks that are used for social and pleasure purposes. Even if they look like a professionally converted camper van, as long as it can carry a motorbike, track car, go kart or other sports vehicle, the GVW is below 17.5 tonnes, has no more than 6 seats, with a maximum value of £40,000 (including fit out costs) and still says its a van on the V5 it should be fine, e.g.
- Box van or luton van
- Goods or light goods
- Insulated van
- Light van
- Livestock carrier
- MPV (multi-purpose vehicle)
- Panel van
- Specially fitted van
- Special mobile unit
- Van with side windows
The van should not be your main or only vehicle, it should be a secondary form of transport and its purpose should be for social use as a race transporter to carry you and your race gear to and from tracks etc (and most likely sleeping in).
What does race transporter insurance allow me to use it for?
Our race transporter insurance is like normal car insurance (you can choose TPO, TPFT or Comprehensive cover), but for a van or truck that's primarily used to transport your leisure vehicles to and from race meetings, tracks, workshops, shows and events - rather than an everyday vehicle.
- Social, Domestic and Pleasure use (occasional commuting is acceptable) - it is NOT valid for commercial use in any trades
- The main purpose is for 'carriage of own goods' as it's known - you can use it to carry your own hobby equipment like motorbikes, track/race cars, go-karts or other leisure vehicles
- Of course it's OK to pop to the shops or a mates house etc - however, your race transporter should be a secondary vehicle (not your main or only form of transport)
- Sleeping in your race van or truck at race meetings, shows and events is ideal to save money on hotels and also keep an eye on your vehicle at the same time!
Does race van insurance cover camper conversion costs?
BeMoto can insure race vans up to £40,000* including any permanent fixtures and fittings, e.g.
- Cosmetic interior fittings (wall coverings and insulation)
- Exterior camper or race van styling
- Windows / blinds
- Race truck garage fit outs
- Beds and bunks, including pop-tops
- Kitchens / bathrooms
- Camper electrics / solar systems
The key thing is that whilst it can look like a camper and have plenty of home comforts, this isn't motorhome insurance. It must still be classed as a van on the V5 log book (not a 'Motor Caravan') and only be used as a secondary vehicle for social and pleasure purposes, i.e. a private van mainly intended for carrying your personal sports/race/leisure vehicle(s) to and from circuits, shows and events (and sleeping at circuits etc).
* Only permanent fixtures and fittings covered as a converted race van, not all the removable personal possessions like bedding, crockery etc (or any vehicles being carried, e.g. motorbikes, race cars, go karts, etc)...
Is my motorbike also covered with Race Van Insurance?
No. Race Van Insurance covers the van and its permanent fixtures (fitted cupboards, beds, kitchens, equipment etc), but NOT the goods you are carrying. It does not cover things like your motorcycle, track car or go-kart whilst they are being transported.
- If you're hit by a third party you can most likely claim for damages against their motor insurance policy.
- You can buy "In Transit" insurance with BeMoto as part of a SORN Insurance policy for track or dirt bikes.
- If you have a comprehensive motorbike or car insurance policy for your vehicle being transported, that should also cover it when in transit.