- Laid Up Bikes
- No V5 Needed
- SORN Collections
Laid Up Insurance for bikes not used on the road (SORN and unregistered bikes).
SORN INSURANCE RENEWAL
Fire & Theft Cover
All types of SORN and Unregistered Motorbikes Covered
Our SORN Insurance is designed specifically for bikes that are laid up and securely stored in a locked building and can cover up to 10 bikes on one policy, no matter what they are or whatever the reason, e.g.
Laid Up Classics
Off the Road
Do I need SORN Insurance?
If you have a bike (or collection) that you can't afford to lose, but have no plans to ride your bike on the road then SORN Insurance is an ideal solution. In many cases, it's pretty cheap compared to road insurance as there is no third party liability risk - the key factor in pricing is the bike's value and you do not require any no claims bonus etc.
- Fire - Garage fires are rare but they do happen
- Theft - If a criminal wants your bike they are pretty determined
- Malicious Damage - This includes attempted theft (damage caused trying to steal it)
The main things you need to qualify for this product are:
- A sturdy locked building - This does not have to be at your home address (it can also be inside your home)
- Decent security - This includes things like approved anchors and chains or locking your bikes together
- Identifying Marks - If your bike is not registered with the DVLA (no V5 log book) then it will need to have a DataTag if it's worth over £4,000
Fire and theft cover for all types of non-road motorcycles:
- Laid up road bikes - Has a registration number but is declared SORN
- Unregistered bikes - Dirt bikes, track or race bikes, imports and kids bikes
- Project bikes - A renovation or custom build that's not yet ready for road use
- Multi bike collections - Up to 10 bikes per policy (mix and match types)
Why wait until it's too late...
SAVE MONEY WITH LAID UP INSURANCE
WHY PAY FOR ROAD COVER?
If you don't use your bike on the road then you can save money with Fire & Theft Insurance:
- Vehicle Tax - The road fund licence is to pay for the upkeep of roads and you're not using them
- Service & MOT - There's no need to keep your bike serviced or MOT'd (unless you want to)
- Insurance - Road insurance covers third party liability, which is a key part of the claims cost, whereas laid up policies only worry about the fire, theft and malicious damage aspects
This is a 'Non Road' policy. There is no cover whilst riding on a public highway or on private land.
This is a Fire & Theft Insurance only for your bike(s) when locked up or in transit (van or trailer). We have other products available for your Motorbike Insurance (for use on the roads), as well as Track Day Damage Insurance to cover damage caused in an accident whilst riding on UK or EU motorcycle track days.
SORN Insurance FAQs
What does SORN mean?
Can I insure a motorbike that is not road registered?
Does SORN Insurance earn No Claims Bonus?