SORN and Laid Up Insurance

SORN Motorcycle Insurance

BeMoto Links: Facebook I Twitter I Instagram I YouTube



Protect your SORN motorcycle against Fire, Theft and Malicious Damage (including attempted theft) when they are not in use and kept in a locked garage or shed - whether that's short term over winter or laid up for longer periods (classics, projects or not even road legal) - the storage location does not have to be at your home address.

We can provide Fire & Theft insurance for all types of motorcycles in your garage, shed or lock-up, including:

  • Road bikes or scooters that are 'Laid Up' and SORN in a garage or shed
  • Off road motorcycles, e.g. unregistered dirt bikes or track bikes (not road legal)
  • Children's motorbikes, including mini-moto and electric trials bikes
  • Classic motorcycles, including bike collections (any number or value of bikes)

You can also add cover for (only available over the phone):

  • Bikes 'In Transit' when being carried in a van or trailer to an event
  • Any 'Tools & Spares' relating to your motorcycles

Bikes with a V5 must be registered as SORN and secured in a garage or lock-up using appropriate quality chains and locks to something permanent, ideally a ground anchor but other solutions can be acceptable (call to discuss).

If the bike is not road-registered you can still insure it via our non-road bike insurance policy (for dirt and track bikes).

Bikes over £10,000 in value must be locked with a Thatcham approved or Sold Secure 'Gold' rated ground anchor, chain and lock.

No cover is provided under this 'Non Road' policy whilst you are riding the motorcycle, either on a public highway or on dirt or track.

We have other products available for your Road Bike Insurance, as well as Bike Trackday Insurance to cover damage caused in an accident whilst riding on UK or EU motorcycle trackdays.

Please call us on 01733 907000* to discuss your SORN bike insurance needs.

We can often provide cover by talking to the underwriter, even if your circumstances don't quite work with our online quote process.

* Calls are recorded for our joint protection